Job Title: Android Developer
Job location: Bellevue, WA
Employment Type: Contract Job
Would you like to be involved in a movement? Join us at RootMetrics where we are providing an accurate, unbiased view of wireless carrier and connected device performance. With extensive benchmark analytics, easy-to-use interactive maps and controls, you can compare voice, data and text performance ratings as well as an overall RootScore for each service category. Users can investigate metro-wide performance or drill-down to specific street address. Root measures, reports and scores the true consumer experience of wireless performance using empirical results from our own proprietary systems. Goodbye guesswork. Farewell imprecise carrier-provided coverage maps.
Android Developer | Responsibilities:
- Design and develop feature-rich applications for the Android platform
- Work with product managers to design and implement powerful data collection software on Android devices
- Work collaboratively in a team environment that includes senior app. developers and/or architects
Android Developer | Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of development experience on Unix/Linux
- Minimum of 2 years of mobile development experience on Android
- Familiarity with Android NDK
- B.S or B.A. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar, or equivalent experience
- Strong familiarity with modern UI implementations, including underlying background threading models
- Track record of formally releasing applications to customers
- Knowledge of Java on Android, native code on Android a plus
- Working knowledge of the Android source base
- Disciplined coding style with an eye toward maintainability and debuggability
- Adheres to high quality standards and extreme attention to details
- A history of positive teamwork and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Understands software development processes
Android Developer | Preferred:
- Working knowledge of the following: SQL, JSON, Eclipse, Ant, Proguard, Git.
- Working understanding of network protocols and telephony systems
- Ability to work in a multi-platform environment (Windows/Linux/Mac)
An independent mobile analytics firm, RootMetrics collects real-world, empirical performance data to provide a unique and detailed view of the consumer’s mobile experience. Using proprietary mobile technology and apps, the company both professionally tests mobile performance and also aggregates crowdsourced data from consumers who download and use the free RootMetrics CoverageMap app on their Android or iOS mobile device. The company collects and analyzes hundreds of millions of data points each year that offer unparalleled, actionable insights into the consumer mobile experience.
An advocate for consumers, RootMetrics provides data and reports free to the public to help them make more informed mobile decisions. Analytics from RootMetrics offer carriers and OEMs an unbiased, 3rd-party view that can help enhance network performance, identify and resolve performance issues, improve understanding of consumer pain points, and reduce customer churn. The end result: a better mobile experience for consumers.
Based in Bellevue, WA, RootMetrics operates internationally and collects consumer data points worldwide via its free CoverageMap app.