Job Title: iOS Developer
Job location: San Francisco, CA
Employer: Lonely Planet
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Lonely Planet is a world leader in curated travel advice and inspiration, and we’re on a mission to build the world’s best travel products. 40 years ago, we invented the guidebook, and now we’re inventing what the next 40 years of what travel will look like. Mobile is a critical piece of this puzzle for us, and our mobile team is growing like a weed. If you love mobile, love travel, and love the idea of connecting the two, we want to talk to you.
iOS Developer | Requirements:
Here’s what we’re looking for from you:
- Proven experience building native, well-received iOS apps (please include App Store links, and links to published reviews if possible)
- Passion and interest in writing best-practice, idiomatic Objective-C (bonus points for open-source examples you can point us to)
- Strong familiarity with Git
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English (bonus points for polyglots!)
- A desire to wear multiple hats — developer, tester, occasional marketer and designer
- A passion for working collaboratively with others
- An ability and desire to balance highly innovative, big picture thinking with in-the-weeds, detailed problem solving to deliver great products on budget and on time
- A passion for travel and an interest in building systems that connect travellers with the world around them.
At Lonely Planet we:
- support a healthy work-life balance
- provide flexible working arrangements
- work as a unified team across Design, Development, Product, Operations and with broader groups of talented people
- are pretty relaxed about most things (every now and then someone even swears, you have been duly warned)
- don’t really care what you wear (so long as you are clothed)
- are obsessed with table tennis (not all of us)
- are powered by fancy coffee (only the smart ones).
Lonely Planet has offices around the world, and our mobile team is based in Nashville, one of the nation’s best cities for job creation* and for fast-growing tech companies**. We prefer devs in the Nashville area or those willing to relocate (relocation assistance provided), but are willing to consider remote workers in certain circumstances.