Job Title: Mobile Architect
Job location: Dallas, TX
Employer: The Marketing Arm
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Marketing Arm is looking for a Mobile Solutions Architect for our Mobile/Wireless Division. This roel will serve as a visionary, a strategist and a prototyping programmer to lead mobile and digital programs for our Fortune 500clients. The critical focus for this role will be to design programs that potentially leverage all digital channels and integrate with client systems and databases.
This person will also be responsible for technical concept creation on new projects with activities including: capturing requirements, understanding and providing technology selection, developing working prototypes and proof of concept systems, and guiding execution from best in class software partners for mobile web, mobile apps, IVR, SMS, proximity services, SoLoMo, etc.
A broad background is a must have: iOS, Android, mobile web, databasedesign, networks, SMS, LBS. NFC or RFID is a plus.
The successful candidate will be a strategic innovator with an insatiable desire to learn, tinker and deliver concepts. This is a hands on, “I can figure anything out” type of person. The position requires direct and indirect client interaction, interpretation of requirements, concept creation & definition and constant research on new mobile technologies.
Mobile Architect | Responsibilities:
- Be aware of and work with all new technologies in the mobile and related spaces
- The abilityto design, build and fix deliverables
- Create proof of concept and prototype systems rapidly to illustrate opportunities and confirm possibilities
- Provide both deep and broad technical knowledge
- Be able to diagram and document a program’s technical specifications
- Work with Project Management staff to ensure appropriate resources are identified, hired, and retained
- Understand business and technology issues, as they impact overall project plans
- Effectively communicate project status and related information
- Provide expertise in leading vendor resources
- Identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to success
Mobile Architect | Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, software engineering
- Experience communicating requirements to teams both onshore and offshore
- Demonstrated resource planning, estimation, QA and release management experience
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- The applicant must demonstrate that he or she is process-driven and understands the importance of software quality
- Familiarity with multiple software development methodologies
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to make critical decisions under stress
- Ability to work proactively and effectively in a fast-paced, complex and dynamic environment,provide process improvement recommendations and increase operational efficiencies by using technology and innovation
- Possess expert knowledge and understanding of software development life cycles (SDLC) and processes, both from a theoretical and practical standpoint.
- Mobile app development on
- iOS/Android for handsets and tablets
- Webdevelopment using HTML5/CSS3/AJAX/JQuery/XML/JSON/Atom/etc,
- Textmessaging services including standard/premium/MMA guidelines/aggregators
- SocialNetwork APIs for Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Foursquare/etc.
The Marketing Arm is a next-generation promotion agency that harnesses the power of emotion to make brands more engaging. The agency provides best-in-class consulting that spans nine emotional platforms within entertainment, sports, multicultural, and cause marketing.
With a focus on sophisticated planning across all promotional channels, The Marketing Arm develops comprehensive integrated marketing programs for more than 100 blue-chip brands. Among its 22 capabilities are mobile marketing, shopper marketing, content creation, sponsorship consulting, consumer and corporate events, and digital word of mouth and social media.
Named the 2012 ‘Agency of the Year’ by Chief Marketer and Promo magazine, The Marketing Arm has earned over the last four years more than 85 major industry awards and honors, including a Cannes Gold Lion, a 4A’s Jay Chiat Award for Strategic Excellence, the Promotion Marketing Association’sGold Reggie Award, and a Gold Effie Award. In the last two years, The Marketing Arm was honored by Street & Smith’s Sports Business Journal as the “Best in Corporate Consulting” (2012) and the “Best in Sports Event & Experiential Marketing” (2011).
Named by Workplace Dynamics as one of the top places to work, The Marketing Arm has a distinctive culture that touches a 500-person corporatestaff in its offices in Dallas, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Greenwich (Conn.) and London. Founded in 1993, the agency is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc.